This weekend has been great! Here’s a quick overview:
- Saw the HUNGER GAMES on Friday! (We’ll come back to this one)
- Lion’s Club Pancake Breakfast at Grandma and Grandpa’s church
- Friends of ours hosted a first birthday party for their little guy: babies eating cupcakes = so cute!!
- Beautiful weather all weekend long
- Indy Car racing starts today!
It may not seem like much but it was great to hang out with friends, enjoy the weather and relax.
Chris and I went to see the Hunger Games on Friday after work with Gabby and Kevin. It was amazing!! I’m usually very disappointed when books are made into movies but this was great. Chris even said that he’s going to read the books now. Of course they had a leave out little pieces here and there to keep the plot moving along, but missing those scenes didn’t hurt at all. The actors we wonderful at portraying the characters and the creators did a fantastic job making the scenes look how I (and many others I’m sure) imagined them.
After we left the theater I was almost sad that I’ve already read all three books. Since I have, now I just want to watch the next movie. It’s going to be awful having to wait! I guess I’ll just have to re-read the books before then.
Time to get back to watching the Indy Car race. I’m so excited that the season is finally starting!